LOW AND MEDIUM VOLTAGE CABLE ACCESSORIES
248 505 1445
Contents include stress gradient mastics, a stress control tube, insulating tube(s), a dual layer (insulating/conducting) tube, and a solder-blocked, tinned copper braid and stainless steel constant force spring clamps for grounding the joint. If external grounding is not required, the solder-blocked portion of the braid can be cut off and discarded. A tinned copper mesh provides a continuous shield around and across the joint. This ensures that if the joint is penetrated during a dig-in and the piercing member will have a path to ground through the mesh rather than the member itself. An outer re-jacketing tube or sleeve is also provided to completely encapsulate
Packaging for these kits includes one (1) each, single-phase kit per box. Boxes are labeled in accordance with the requirements
of IEEE 404-2000. Connectors for the conductor are not included. For external grounding, select one of the GKxx external grounding kits in section 7.0
Selection is Easy: Lookup the conductor size for the voltage class of cable to be spliced. Select the joint number and confirm that the
maximum jacket and maximum connector O.D. are not exceeded, and that the insulation diameter is within the range.
This is important if your cable size is at either extreme of the range.
T _G Series terminations are heat-shrinkable, Class 1A, 5 kV-35 kV terminators for extruded dielectric (XLP/EPR), copper tape, drain wire shielded or UniShield® cables.
• Heat activated seals provide the best moisture ingress prevention
• Non-tracking surface provides long service life in hostile environments
• Lightweight construction allows connection directly to the cut-out or fuse
without additional support.
• Slim profile allows for placement of terminations in confined spaces
Metallic Tape Shield
1/C Heat Shrinkable Cable Terminations for 5 kV-35 kV Copper Tape, Drain Wire , XLP/EPR Cables
1/C Heat Shrinkable Cable Joints for 5 kV-35 kV Metallic Tape, Wire Shielded and UniShield Cables
• Heat activated seals provide the best moisture ingress prevention.
• A tough outer tube provides mechanical and environmental protection for direct
• Tough wraparound sleeve provides mechanical and environmental protection with
reduced installation space.
• External ground kit with solder-blocked braid is included in all kits.
• Slim profile allows for placement of joints in narrow trays or racks.
• Fast repeatable installations from the first to the last joint of the day.
• Wide application range allows for reduced inventory.
• Heat shrinkable components conform to out of round cables.
• Rated to IEEE 404-2000.
J0820 through J3520 series joints are heat-shrinkable 5 kV-35 kV
single-core joints for copper tape, drain wire and UniShield power cables.
J1521G w/ outer tube and external ground kit
J1521GL w/ outer wraparound sleeve and external ground kit
Outdoor Terminations are only required when subjected to direct precipitation or exposure to sunlight. The indoor version is acceptable
for use in pad mounted enclosures.
Selection is Easy: Look up the conductor size for the voltage class of cable to be terminated. Select the indoor or Outdoor termination part number and confirm the dimensional data. This is important if your cable size is at either extreme of the range shown for the selected kit.